About CSS Kelowna
Canadian Sport School Kelowna (CSS Kelowna) offers a half-day program in which student-athletes spend half the day at their regular high school taking required academic courses, and half their day with the Canadian Sport School.
CSS Kelowna provides an opportunity for student-athletes in grades 10-12 to use school hours to earn academic credit for:
- Physical training through the IGNITE™ Athlete Development Program – Developing athleticism and new skills in the following areas; Strength Training, Sprint Training and basic gymnastics movements.
- Independent Study Blocks – Daily time for homework completion, quiet study or online learning.
- Sport Performance Seminars – Weekly seminars in the areas of high performance will support the students’ athletic knowledge and development towards success
The Canadian Sport School facilitates a high performance culture amongst like-minded athletes while providing support, coordination and advocacy between student-athletes and their high school teachers and sport coaches.
CSS Kelowna runs from September to June in conjunction with the SD 23 academic calendar. We have an annual intake for athletes every September. The program runs weekly, Monday to Thursday on a rotating block schedule, alternating between mornings and afternoons to accommodate the Kelowna secondary school timetables.
- Tuition: $2250/year (2020-21)
- Transportation: (OPTIONAL): TBD
We accept payments by cheque or by e-transfer, we do not accept credit card payments. Tuition can be paid either all up front, per semester or quarterly.
- Cheques will need to be addressed to PacificSport Okanagan
- E-transfers will need to be addressed to Shaunna Taylor at email@example.com.