The Canadian Sport School is open to athletes in grades 10-12 who have been identified by their national or provincial sport organization under the Canadian long-term athlete development model.
Athletes must be competing in a sport, recognized as an “accredited” sport by viaSport.
Athletes must meet the eligibility criteria below in order to submit an application:
- Registered members and in good standing with their Provincial or National Sport Organization (PSO) or (NSO),
- Training with a Local Sport Organization (LSO) that provides consistent training and competitive opportunities,
- Between 14-17 years old at the beginning of the program,
- Have participated in one or more of the following in the past 18 months:
- BC Summer or Winter Games
- Provincial or National Championships
- Team BC Program
- NextGen Program
- National Team Program
- RBC Training Ground Participation
In addition, athletes nominated by their PSO to receive high performance benefits, programs, and support services through CSI Pacific or PacificSport will be given selection preference and priority.
Athletes who do not meet the eligibility criteria by the application deadline may obtain permission from their CSS campus to submit an application if they may fulfill the eligibility criteria prior to August 30th of that year.